Here is a list of things to consider when you are preparing for your academic advising appointment.
- Narrow down which major(s) will be a good fit for your interests and academic strengths.
Know how to use HUB, Path Finder and Schedule Builder.
View the HUB Student Center Training Guides including:
- View Your Holds and Your Academic Advisor.
- View your Academic Advisement Report. (If the Planner is used, all planned classes will be incorporated.)
- How to Create a What-If Advisement Report.
- Guide to using the Planner (to plan classes for your entire undergraduate career).
- Viewing Transfer Credit Report.
- Selecting UB Curriculum Pathways courses via Path Finder.
- Search for Classes.
- Schedule Builder.
Prepare to register. (Review your Academics information from the HUB Student Center in MyUB.)
- To check when your registration begins review the View Enrollment Dates training guide.
- Check your Enrollment Dates for both fall and spring registration!
- Review your Academic Advisement Report, Planner and Transfer Credit Reports. Be sure to also review your UB Curriculum Path Finder.
- Use your Academic Advisement and My Planner Reports to learn the courses you would like to take next semester (and in future semesters).
- Search for Classes in HUB to learn what courses are being offered and click on Schedule Builder to prepare a schedule that best meets your needs. The Class Schedule is also available on the Office of the Registrar website.
- If you earned any Advanced Placement (AP), alternative credit or transfer coursework, make sure it is recorded on your Transfer Credit Report. For information on how to send alternative credit or transfer coursework to UB visit:
- Read the Be Advised blog for important information and deadlines.
- Ensure timely graduation by completing 30 credits a year, declaring your major by 45 credits and gaining acceptance to your major by 60 credits.
- Access free on-campus tutoring and support your physical and mental health.
Start planning for your career.
- Career Services can help you think through your decisions about planning for majors and careers. Learn more about your interests, skills and values and how to apply this knowledge to your academic and career plans. Call 716-645-2231 or stop by 259 Capen to schedule an appointment.